Friday, 23 September 2011

Red Queen By Philippa Gregory

The Red Queen (Cousins' War, #2)
 
It’s the late 1400 England, and the story is about Lady Margaret Beaufort, sole heiress to the Red Rose Camp the Lancaster House, mother to King Henry VII and grandmother to King Henry VIII.
A small girl of ten years, Lady Edmund Tudor when she was 12, a mother when she was 13 determined to make her house rule England. Firstly, you feel very sorry for this young girl and then little by little you get irritated with her way of pursuing her goals and how she ignores everything else.
After finishing the book, I am with mixed feelings about this Red Queen, I sometimes find her fascinating and lovely and, sometimes I find her wicked beyond my thoughts. Hats off to Philippa Gregory, she managed to make the reader love and hate the main character at the same time.
It’s only written in the perspective of the Red Queen, very little is known about the other surrounding characters and what’s in their mind.
Good but not so good like The Boleyn Inheritance. Next in line for me is The Other Boleyn Girl. I have seen the film hope it’s not going to spoil my read.

No comments:

Post a Comment